UK’s Most Expensive Streets
London is renowned for its eye-wateringly expensive rents and property prices. Do you know which street is the priciest?
Ilchester Place in Holland Park has been recently named Britain's priciest street. Here, homes can change hands for as much as £15.6 million, that is 68 times the national average, according to Lloyds Bank.
The street is located in west London, and counts Simon Cowell, the Beckhams, Robbie Williams amongst its neighbours.
Half of the country's most expensive residential roads are in the capital. Eaton Square in Belgravia has an average asking price of £13.7 million, although a mega-mansion there recently sold for £60 million. Knightsbridge is in third with a slew of £13.4 million mansions. All the streets in the top 10 boast £11 million properties.
In Scotland, the most expensive street is Golf Place in St Andrews, where you'll struggle to pick up a home for less than £1.9 million. Llys Helyg Drive in Llandudno is Wales’ most expensive enclave with a number of £1.12 million properties.
Lloyds Bank says every region in England and Wales now has a £1 million street, for the first time ever.
These are the 20 most expensive streets in England and Wales:
- Ilchester Place, Kensington and Chelsea - £15,579,000
- Eaton Square, Westminster - £13,710,000
- Knightsbridge, Westminster - £13,371,000
- Kensington Road, Kensington and Chelsea - £12,925,000
- Carlyle Square, Kensington and Chelsea - £11,904,000
- Campden Hill, Kensington and Chelsea - £11,363,000
- Chesham Place, Kensington and Chelsea - £11,302,000
- Kensington Square, Kensington and Chelsea - £9,915,000
- Burnsall Street, Kensington and Chelsea - £9,825,000
- Camp End Road, Weybridge - £5,632,000
- East Road, Weybridge - £4,911,000
- Charlbury Road, Oxford - £4,596,000
- Astons Road, Northwood, London - £4,074,000
- Leys Road, Leatherhead - £4,025,000
- Queens Drive, Leatherhead -£3,886,000
- Chargate Close, Walton-on-Thames - £3,630,000
- Blackhills, Esher - £3,600,000
- Gorse Hill Road, Virginia Water - £3,528,000
- Oxshott Rise, Cobham - £3,416,000
- Eriswell Road, Walton-on-Thames - £3,346,000